Pages

1/14/2010

Books of 2010

The other day I was trying to tell someone about a book I had just read, but I could not for the life of me remember what book it was... even though I had finished it only A WEEK EARLIER!  So, in an effort to remind myself what I have read over the year, I thought I might start a list.

So far, in 2010, I have finished:

"The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" by Sir Doyle
Sherlock Holmes is just classic, and with the movie that recently came out, I had to re-read it.  The movie has been getting mixed reviews, but I think it was a quite entertaining flick.  While Robert Downey Jr maybe isn't the best choice physically (Sherlock is described as tall and very thin in the books), he fits the attitude that I get from reading the books.  Both the book and the movie get 2 thumbs up!

"Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy
Without Remorse is the Story of how John Clarke (Tom Clancy's Super CIA Commando) got his start.  The best part about it is (I think) how Mr. Clarke uses a .22 caliber gun to kill so many bad guys.  Other Super Commandos need machine guns and large explosions... but not John Clarke.  He is that good.

I expect to finish another book tonight or tomorrow... I will probably have to slow down a bit with school (Boo! Hiss!) starting back up.  Should textbooks count as books I've read?  They surely aren't as entertaining...

No comments: