Pages

2/08/2011

Bike Repair

$50 tune up, $20 new handlebars (gee, I wonder why...), and $20 for new brakes, as the old ones had some...issues (they broke in half, ok?). The frame was fine, the wheels were fine, the shifters/derailleurs were fine--I should have a good as new bike sometime this afternoon.

In slightly annoying news, after the "Driest January in Years" which kept my hopes up that bike riding might indeed be possible, even if it is winter, we got two inches of snow last night. So now I'll have a nice ride-able bike, and a layer of snow and ice on the ground.

2 comments:

Linoge said...

Zip ties. No, seriously.

And for the condition your biked looked to be in after the accident, I dare say you got off easy... good to hear it will be up and running again soon!

bluesun said...

That right there is a good idea!

Yeah, when I brought it into the store I had a crowd of bike dudes around me asking what happened. They were most impressed that the bike was even able to come in.