Pages

5/03/2011

Chicken Tractor

I've been working on making a Chicken Tractor the past couple days, and I've finally used up enough of the old stuff sitting in the corners of the garage that I need to go out to the store and buy stuff. There wasn't quite enough chicken wire left in the roll we had for every side, and I need some wheels of some sort (why did my mom throw out the old lawnmower?), something to make a handle to move it around with... it's amazing how much stuff there is out in the garage, my dad was definitely of the "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without" school of thought, and saved everything. Now it's just a game of "Where do you suppose he put stuff like that" when you need anything.  I mean, yesterday I found two plumbing snakes in different places--funny how I couldn't find them a month ago when the sink was backing up, even though I must have looked right at them.

This is going to be a massive thing, as I am of the "brute force" school of woodworking; if it looks wobbly, put another piece of 2x4 in there and screw it down with more screws (if anyone asks how many screws you need, the answer is always "more").

Off I go!

4 comments:

North said...

Can't help you out. I've never made a chicken tractor. A chicken sports car and a chicken SUV, yes. Even a turnip Winnebago...

doubletrouble said...

Will those chickens be able to plow?

wv: "bovarib"- that's prime, right there.

Nancy R. said...

Screws? If some are good, more are better, and too much are *just* right!

Linoge said...

Wait. You can have too few screws for something?

(Just remember to put them in offset on both axes from one another.)