Pages

2/01/2010

And now for the News

The bald and bearded Ben Bernanke has been voted in for a second go as chairman of the Fed.  I will just leave it with an ambiguous "meh."

Also, somehow, the economy grew the fastest in 6 years while at the same time the GDP shrank in "the worst performance since 1946."

I don't know what those economists think, but to me, that's worrying.  What it tells me is that no one knows what the heck is going on.  Which is what I see in most areas of the economy, politics, and the news in general.  It's like the talking heads don't want us to worry, so they just nod and smile.  But you can see the confusion in their eyes.

And more:  Obama let loose his 3.8 trillion dollar budget while at the same time saying "We cannot continue to spend as if deficits do not matter."

Ayeyeye... I'm going to go back to something that I [don't] understand better... like thermodynamics.  At least it has equations I can look up.

No comments: