Pages

2/05/2010

Signs of the Times: We're Doomed

I would just like remind people that no where is it written that the United States is a "chosen land" that will live on to a glorious eternity.  People thought Rome was invincible--catch my drift?  With the current financial insanity in our land, I just don't see this going on much longer.  Forget the Zombie Uprising, or solar storms that wipe out the electrical grid (just two visions of the future I've heard about in the past week).  What is going to kill this country is the out of control spenders who are in control of our country.
Greed, and elected representatives who are toadies to special interests, are decimating the American economy. Consider President Obama’s budgets for 2010 and 2011. The combined red ink is $2.9 trillion. No one anywhere in the world has this kind of money to lend to Washington. How will these massive deficits, never before experienced on earth, be financed?

--Paul Craig Roberts
 My friends ask me why I am so pessimistic about the future.  Unless these are truly signs of the second coming of Christ, I just don't see it ending well.  I am pessimistic about the future because I've been trying to pay attention.  I hope you are too.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

This is the old debate of whether you are a pessimistic optimist, or an optimistic pessimist. Lately, since Brown won in MA I'm more of the latter. BTW, "work in progress" is good. I'm doing the same thing. Smile, it's Friday.

bluesun said...

I like to think of myself as a realist.

Nancy R. said...

Eh. The older I get the less I worry about "good" or "bad". If I can't control it, it just *is*. The good or bad is how prepared I am to deal with it.

bluesun said...

Half the battle is expecting the worst to happen. Not that you want it to. If you are ready for it though, you'll be ready for anything else, too. The problem with this bugdet thing, though, is, since it has never happened before, what should we expect?

Anyway that is something that I am trying to think about nowadays.