Pages

2/15/2010

Valentine's Weekend

Well, as I mentioned earlier, there was a gun show this weekend. My friend bought his wife a nice little .380 auto pistol. And don't worry, she was super excited. No danger to the relationship, even if the gift wasn't your standard "romantic" valentines day stuff. When my other friend, who has been waffling over getting a gun, saw it, he decided to go for it and went and got a Sig .380 auto pistol (Just a note--the exact models will not be disclosed for privacy's sake).

Of course, we all had to go up to the hills and go shooting. I brought my 10/22 that I got for Christmas. I haven't shot it at all; this was its first 100 rounds or so. Amazing little gun, no recoil at all.

A grand time was had by all! Alas, we were standing around in ankle deep snow, so, too soon, we had to go back inside.

Hope you had a good weekend, too!

4 comments:

Stephen said...

I did a little valentines day shooting myself. Lead is the new chocolate. My pocket carry is a sweet little Bersa 380. Some think 380 is too light, but it will always be shot placement that wins the day.

bluesun said...

I wasn't about to bring up that debate; I was shooting a .22! Someday, when I get a concealed weapons permit, I would like to get a little .380 (maybe an LCP?) that could just go in a pocket. It would fit right in with all of the other junk I carry around. The reason I haven't taken a picture of everything in my pockets like seems to be the fad is that I think I would put everyone else to shame...

Stephen said...

Taurus is making a nice little slim 9mm now. Might check that out.

bluesun said...

I also have an irrational love for the NAA mini-revolvers.