Pages

8/18/2010

Double Rainbow. For Real.

It rained fit to float an ark on Monday, but at one point the sun came out and there was a double rainbow--and it went all the way across the sky:


I couldn't help it.  I had to take a video


That double rainbow guy has deeply affected my life, apparently.

I do know what it means, though creepy hippies may disagree.  It's right there in Genesis 9 (here NIV):

12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15  I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

2 comments:

Nancy R. said...

What, no crying??

bluesun said...

There are limits to how much emotion I can fake at a time. I blame my Presbyterian background.