Pages

8/16/2010

Traffic Construction or Why I do not approve of the President's "The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act™"

So on my typical day of going to work this summer I have to go about 10 miles.  Here's a map to show you Happy Valley:


I have several routes available, and even on a bad day none of them are too bad.  I prefer to take the interstate (top route) even though it requires a little backtracking simply because it doesn't have as many stops.  But coming home I sometimes go through town to run some errands, so all four routes get used from time to time.  Here's a map to show you the main routes:


What with this whole "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act™," though, many traffic and utility projects were moved up the list.  I don't know if it is because of typical bureaucratic non-communication or simply malice, but here in Happy Valley many of the proposed projects are being worked on right now.  Here is a map to show you where major construction is going on, with red being construction:


As you can see, I can not get to work without running into an orange cone.  Here's a map to illustrate what happens when I run into construction:


And what with this whole "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act™," I blame Obama.  I'm sorry, but it's like a default setting in my head.   I can't help but wonder if all the time people spend sitting in traffic is offsetting the money spent on the "Recovery™" at all.

Oh, and today it was raining to float an ark and there was about a foot of water in the road in a construction zone right where a lane was closed.  This of course did not help matters at all...

No comments: