Pages

8/17/2010

Dumb Commercials

At work I listen to the radio, and so I hear the same commercials over and over and over.  Maybe that is why my head starts up with a running MST3K commentary, but really, the quality of the commercials is just horrible.

There's the bank that wants to "do things differently," and so instead of advertising they ask if there's a song that makes me feel  really good.  Yes.  Yes there is.  And it's not the stupid peppy "buh-buh-bu-baah-buh" one that they play on the commercial.  At all. 

The next one that bugs the heck out of me is a Ford dealer who compares Roush Mustangs to pickles.  That is weird enough as it is, but every time he says Roush, he says it like "r-r-R-ROUSH!" and every time he says pickle he says it like "...PICKle!" 

Then there's the salon that will make me "feel successful."  I don't want to feel successful.  I want to BE successful.

The worst one, though is another bank, one who has been using the same annoying tinkly piano music in their commercials for the past 20 years or so.  In this ad, they talk about the "need to change your habits." I have something I want to ask them, then:  What the heck is your stupid problem, you flaming hypocrites?  GET OFF THE AIR!

Someday, when I have a bajillion dollars, I'm going to have my own radio station.  On this station I will choose commercials like this one:





That way I can be annoying on purpose instead of pretending to advertise.

No comments: