Pages

9/07/2011

Musics

Weer'd had a post up last night about electronic music, which got me thinking about my music and why I like it (short answer--"I don't know why"). But then I decided to look up what had the most plays in Windows Media Player right now--these are my top 5 bands, and the links go to a video of one of their songs that I've posted in the past:

Infected Mushroom (some weird Israeli subgenre of trance)
Chumbawamba (anarcho-punk)
Project 86 (christian metal)
Bonobo (like, downtempo jazz techno, or something)
Muse (paranoid brit-pop/rock)

Keep in mind this is only through WMP--if I could put in the CD's I listen to Massive Attack would probably be in there, as well as Jimmy Buffett and Gaelic Storm.  And I'm not sure if you can wear out an MP3 file, but I was up to 50-60 plays of Family Force 5 on my old old computer before I gave it to my brother.  If we were to go far back to my childhood, Yes and They Might Be Giants would be the only thing on the list.  For a real variety of randomnosity, just click though my music label for a little while.  You'll be amazed, horrified, and/or delighted!

Music, to me, is like comfort food.  You might like all sorts of different flavors, and even listen to them quite a bit.  But when it comes right down to it, there's a few good meals that you could probably eat every day and not get tired of humming along (mixing my metaphors pretty thick, there).

So now I want to ask you, the viewer, both what are your favorite bands and genres, and what do you listen to the most?

3 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Yeah my musical tastes are VERY broad. I'll be listening to country one moment, then blues, then Metal, then Psychobilly, then some underground punk, then Goa Trance.

There's a bunch of stuff in between that too. Too many to list!

BobG said...

I'll listen to damn near anything except disco and rap. My favorites are old rock, classic country, blues, jazz, and baroque.

Anonymous said...

Love me my Christian Metal! Red, Pillar, Anberlin, Skillet are all favorites. Hard rock, metal, classic rock, some nu-Metal, pop, bluegrass, country, you name it. Just not jazz or rap or folk music.