Pages

9/12/2011

Owie

I was attempting to make some bread yesterday, in the style New Jovian Thunderbolt showed via a video here, but with my sourdough starter instead of the instant yeast. All seemed to be going well, until I proved that it is possible to be dumber than you look and went and grabbed the lid of the hot dutch oven with my bare fingers.

5 seconds of 500 degrees and you have some fine fingér du bluesun steamed in it's own juices:

That's my clicking finger, no less. Here's for a painful week at work!

Then, to add insult to injury, I lost track of the bread and burnt it, too. It was still really good... if you scraped off all the blackened parts. I think I'm finally approaching a recipe that is what I want, but the execution is... lacking.

4 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Lucky for you I'm a DOCTOR!!!!
http://www.weerdworld.com/2011/ginrx/

Yarr!

bluesun said...

I did just find a flask on sale...

BobG said...

Betcha don't do that again...

bluesun said...

But then, I have just proved that I'm dumber than I look.