Pages

9/02/2010

More school observations

A continuation of this post. My friend (a senior) is taking a class called INC--Instrumentation and Control--a few semesters later than he should have according to the official curriculum sheet. As it it the beginning of the semester, the professor was attempting to review a few basic circuit calculations. All of the other students in the class DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PARALLEL AND SERIES WAS! This is very very extremely basic circuit stuff--the things you learn in High School and are supposed to know BEFORE COMING TO COLLEGE!

INC is a Junior-level engineering class, and Intro to Circuits is a prerequisite. They spent a half hour reviewing series and parallel circuits.

...

Kevin
, if you read this, I am sorry I seemed defensive about my education once upon a time. I'm changing my profile from "Currently seeking degree in esoteric inapplicable book knowledge," to "Ima in a school gettin edumacatid, hyuk."

And I'm finishing this with a "God, please save us all."

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I hate to say "I told ya so..."

bluesun said...

I was a bit of an optimist.

Which is odd, if you know me.