Pages

9/15/2010

Something's fishy...

I know I've been complaining about this a bit lately, what with this and this, but I have another tidbit of information to share on the subject of school administrators. It really shouldn't surprise anyone, but it does reaffirm my belief that they don't care a whit about education--that they are only here to take as much money as they can from students.

I have a friend going to school here who is from Africa, in the Petroleum Engineering Department. He is a real good guy, a good student, an R.A. in the dorms, and a legal Montana Resident. Yet the school administration denies him in-state tuition.

Am I missing something?

2 comments:

Nancy R. said...

I was just talking to a guy from the local credit union. His son went to Arizona, established residency, but couldn't get in-state tuition because *HIS PARENTS* lived in Virginia.

I don't get it either.

bluesun said...

The kid who worked under me over the summer grew up in Tennessee and started going to college there, but his parents moved to Colorado. He has to pay out of state tuition even though he's been living there for 15 years. If anyone could understand it, their brain would probably pop a breaker.