Pages

7/05/2011

Watching the "news"

At the dentist this morning, the "news" was on the TV that sits over your head while he jabs and whirs away cleaning your teeth. There was some breaking "news" story on about some jury deliberation over some lady who killed a kid or something. But--and I am not making this up--I thought I was watching a baseball game. They were rating the performance of the lawyers--"Oh yeah, I would definitely give him an 'A'," said one talking head. They were counting down to the second (!) how long the jury had been deliberating. Then--you know when there's a lull in the game and a little vital statistics screen pops up telling you how tall one of the players is?--well, a little vital statistics screen popped up rating certain jury members. I got out of the dentist's chair soon after that (with flying colors, by the way--floss regularly, boys and girls, for healthy teeth and gums), so I missed the cheerleaders come on to the field. Rats, huh?

So the short version of this post is this:

News? "News."

No comments: