Pages

3/03/2010

Philosophotizing

I am going to administer a series of rapid fire questions to myself to observe the answers.

What do you do?

Right now? I just finished doing a bunch of random calculus stuff for Heat Transfer. Pretty soon it will be time for the Lent service down at church. They have soup!

No, what do you do in the big scheme of things?

I am an engineering student... Do you mean what do I like to do?

Not really... sure. What do you like to do?

I like to read books about many different things. I like to make beer, though it is a relatively new hobby for me. I like shooting, but I am completely inexperienced at that. I like to find out people's opinions on things, which is why I like this whole "blogging" thing. Though I worry about getting all of your news from one source. I really like to have differing opinions on things, just so I'm "well rounded." I like gaining knowledge and skills in all sorts of different areas. I think my goal isn't to be the glamorous leader, but to be the mad scientist who is "a good man to have at your back." Wow, that was a lot of quotation marks.

Favorite food?

Peanut butter and jelly.

What is the best way to pass time?

I really like walking in the woods. Sometimes it is good to go with someone else, and sometimes it is good to go alone with your thoughts. Sometimes it is good to go with a gun, so you can plink.

Where are you from?

I'm from Colorado, but I have been living in Montana for the past four years to go to school. I really love it here, and it is hard to think of myself graduating and getting a job somewhere else. I think I could probably live in four different states: MT, WY, CO, and ID. And maybe UT, though I disagree with their doctrine.

What's with all of the theology you sprinkle around?

Well, if you are going to accept Jesus Christ as your one and only savior, you had better learn what that means. If it's not a part of you, what's the point? Possibly I have spent a bit too much time debating free will vs. predestination (as I have come to believe all theological debates condense down into) during Bible studies. Possibly I haven't spent enough time doing that.

Thanks for your time. I hope to do it again someday.

Thank you! Not a problem.

No comments: