Pages

7/30/2010

Ammo Update

With what Geodkyt said here (thanks!), which pretty well fit in with what I was thinking, I hit the stores today after work.  At Cabela's there was no ammo that stood out to me, but I picked up a shirt that was on sale.  At Sportsman's Warehouse, I found the "Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense" rounds, which all evidence suggests to be repackaged Golden Sabers.  They were a good price and seemed to be on par with any of the other choices available.  I picked up enough for a good function test, and in the spirit of "the only shot that counts is the one that hits the target," I got some more Blazer cheapo for practice. 

This hopefully won't be a case of counting my chickens before they hatch, but the only thing left to complete the ensemble is pending on the Sheriff's office.  Curse your eyes, bureaucratic paperwork!

Added:  Oh, and at Sportsman's Warehouse was a traveling display of trophy elk.


Some of those things were huge!  Very impressive...

No comments: