Pages

7/02/2010

News of the Beer

The last batch is bottled and drinkable (and delish!) so I made another batch.

I've never done anything Belgium-y, so that's what I decided to go for.  Without further ado, I present to the world:  bluesun's Bugeye Belgium

1 cup Fair Trade Cane Sugar, heavily carmelized
5.5 lb Ultra-light Liquid Malt Extract
0.5 lb De-Bittered Black Malt 509L, steeped 30 minutes
0.5 lb Special B Malt 118L, steeped 30 minutes

1 oz Saaz Hops 3.3% AA@ 60 minutes
0.5 oz Saaz Hops 3.3% AA@ 20 minutes
0.5 oz Saaz Hops 3.3% AA@ end

Belgian Ale Yeast White Labs WLP550
And I'll say that if you've never made your own beer, you're missing out.  It's fun, easy, and way tastier than that disgusting yellow fluid you can buy at the store.  And if you are like me and like to collect skills, what more of an excuse do you need?

We'll see how this one turns out... I'll let you know.

Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour.  Teach a man to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.                                                         --Confucius Say

No comments: