Pages

5/12/2010

Books of 2010: The Bellmaker

I'm not too proud to admit that sometimes traveling back to the days elementary school is fun.  Over the summer I found a box of my old Redwall books, by Brian Jacques, and, remembering them fondly, decided to read through some of them again.  They are real nice--cold cut good vs. evil, predictable plots, talking animals, a ton of food and drink, and swashbuckling adventure.  And I can read through one in a few hours without breaking a sweat.  So I just read "The Bellmaker."  It was great fun.  If you have any youngsters in your life, sit down and read one of these with them.  If you are just tired of textbooks (my excuse, anyway), sit down and read one.  If you are looking for some cheap entertainment, sit down and read one.

I rate it at 11/10.

No comments: