Pages

11/30/2010

Books of 2010: Double Play

Haven't done this for a while, so I have two books to add to the list. Continuing my John Ringo kick, I read "Yellow Eyes," which I think has the worst, least applicable cover art out of any book in the Posleen War. Seriously, read the book and tell me what is going on on the cover. It detailed the happenings in Panama during John Ringo's alien invasion, with a large focus on naval warfare, particularly the USS Des Moines and USS Salem. I found it to be pretty entertaining, or at least much better than "Eye of the Storm."

The second book that I read was Sun Tzu's "Art of War." I got about halfway through it in High School before I gave up on it, so I decided to give it another go. I thought it was pretty interesting, and the addition I read was annotated with many little stories from Chinese history which illustrated Sun Tzu's sayings.

So. I give "Yellow Eyes" I give 8/10, and "Art of War" I also give 8/10.

No comments: