Pages

11/19/2010

Broken TDI Belt Clip: this is what we would call a "setback"

Trying out the TDI today with the clip facing outward, I may have accidentally... broke it into two pieces.


The clip seems to have been built with a much thinner belt in mind than my double-leather-layer Beltman belt, which causes the end of the clip to point out far enough that it can catch on stuff.  And break.  I don't think this is covered under the warranty, but I emailed KA-BAR just to see.  For now I might try hanging it on some P-cord.  I was also looking around for other sheath options, and there are a few out there.  Something else would be finding some other type of hook and attaching it--does anyone know of a place to find belt hook hardware?  I looked around Google but nothing much popped out at me.  Something kinda like this.  It seems like it would be easy to just use the existing holes and hardware that came with the TDI to attach something like that.

Anyway, that's the news from Lake Wobegon.

3 comments:

doubletrouble said...

We've got belt clips (Mrs. does holsters & such), but the ones we have don't look like that one; I'll try to find a pic on the interwebz...

doubletrouble said...

Had to ask the Mrs. for the supplier; this is the one we've got:

http://theclip.com/store/Metal-belt-clip-607-Black-oxide-p-16359.html

If you want one, lemmeno.

(I tried email, but I don't know what a "brickwall" is...

Linoge said...

Well, that is certainly not what I would have expected from Ka-BAR...