Pages

5/11/2010

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Spoiler Alert!  Don't Read This If You Don't Want To Know About The Ending Of The Movie!  You Have Been Warned!

I watched "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" over the weekend (as well as "The Emperor's New Groove" and "Confessions of a Shopaholic"--strange combination, I know).  Leaving aside the arguments about historical accuracy that inevitably come up with a movie like this, it was very well done.  there was one thing I was unsure of at the end though.  Were the filmmakers trying to make me feel sad at the pointless loss of the son, or pity for the SS Officer father? The other people in the Concentration camp weren't talked about at all--what about them?

What they made me feel was anger. This movie pissed me off at Nazis.  Are you some new-era Nazi Skinhead Wannabe?  You'd better keep it quiet.  The second you bring up your "superior race" crap I will pistol-whip you to the floor, man, your freedom to believe what you want be damned.  I will not be supportive or complacent.


OK.  Take a deep breath...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you were stupid enough to find some merit in that contemptable flick, you may be a member of an inferior race and deserve the couple slugs you will catch in the head if ya want to get stupid about it.

You can take your multiculti PC and jam it up your arse sideways.

bluesun said...

Ummm... yes? Wait, who are you talking to?