Pages

5/05/2010

Computer Update

Well, I took my laptop to a computer fix up place, and it would be a $300-400 operation. You can get a new computer for that, so that is what I am going to do. This is what the compy looked like just before it turned into the six-fingered (or screened, in this case) man of the computer world and was killed by Inigo Montoya:


                                                               OOOOOH!  PRETTY COLORS!

Luckily this happened after I was done with any reports of the semester, so I have no real reason for a computer (except to blog at you, my fine viewer!), and for now I can get by with school computers or my roommates old desktop.  Unfortunately, there are no real computer places in town to buy one, and if I ordered one it would get here after I leave for home for the summer.  We'll see what happens...

In other news, I got to go shooting (bought some ammo at the gun show) over the weekend, and blew a bunch of holes in a milk jug. 


The gophers evaded us, though.  They're out, in between bouts of snow, but they're quick little suckers, they are.

As I said before, don't expect too much for the next couple weeks, though I might find time to post some random YouTube videos.  For now, I only have one question:  anyone know anything about laptops these days?

4 comments:

KurtP said...

Kind of a stupid question, but did you try throwing in a restore disc?

Just- you know it was software related.

KurtP said...

I meant Just- you know if it was software related.

bluesun said...

It was a hardware issue. Apparently the thermal paste connecting the video card to the heat sink broke down and turned into an insulator instead of a conductor, thereby frying my video card. No fun.

I'm serious about any recommendations for laptops.

KurtP said...

This HP compaq that I'm typing on now has been on the internet for about eight years.

It's had it's power problems (a manufaturing/engineering engineered obsolescence thing that I had redone) but the main problem I have with it is the keyboard. Hard to type with concistantly.