Pages

5/20/2010

Super Mega Ultra Roadtrip Photo Post

On Monday I drove the 700 miles south from MT to "Happy Valley" (AKA, NOT DENVER, SUCKAS!) Colorado for the summer. Because using your cell phone while driving is now being illegalized across the nation, I decided to use my camera instead. While the pictures may be blurry, and have bug splotches in them, and be washed out from the sun, I'm going to do it anyway. You don't have to watch if you don't want to.

Just some mountains near Dillon, MT.  Scenes like that are why I don't live someplace like, anywhere east of the Mississippi.

Somewhere in Idaho, there is this giant grain silo that always makes me smile.  Also seen is the elusive floating watch.  It's elusive because it's transparent.

A forest fire, also in ID.  This is probably going to be a pretty bad fire year, as there wasn't a whole lot of snow.

The Miasma Cloud of Smog Lake City comes into view.  No offense to anyone who lives there, but I hate SLC.  A hundred miles of pure suck. And there are places in UT so much prettier.

Leaving the City, and tilting at windmills.

The Bookcliffs come into view south of Price.  Almost looks like home!

Just a few more miles to go!  I always thought the "Colorful Colorado" thing was silly--here you are, out in the brown desert, and you have a brown sign.  Meh, that's marketing for you.

There's home!

And here's another one that I took, just to make hippies cry:

Also seen in this picture is the top half of my face, if you can find it.

And now I am home for the summer.  One more semester left, and then I'll be a real engineer! Though not a Professional Engineer--that requires four years working under a P.E. and another Evil Test.    But I digress.

No comments: