Pages

6/15/2010

Books of 2010: Free Fire

At the suggestion of my mother, I read "Free Fire," a Joe Pickett novel by C.J. Box. Even though I apparently started a series of mystery-criminal-thrillers in the middle, I was still able to follow along and found it an enjoyable read. And just so you know sort of the feel of the book, Joe Pickett is a Game Warden with the State of Wyoming. There were enough accuracies in the descriptions of the areas and guns and such to outweigh the sometimes strange premise.

Though I don't want to go into a long plot synopsis (I'm sure they're out there for you to find), I will say that it was good enough to make me interested in reading some of the other books with these characters.

I give it a 7.5/10 on my completely objective and never inaccurate scale.

No comments: