Pages

6/14/2010

Concealed Handgun Class

I had a great time this weekend at my Concealed Handgun Permit class. There were supposed to be three students but I was the only one who bothered to showed up, so it was one-on-one instruction. We went through the course material in record time, I took (and passed with flying colors) the NRA Pistol Test, and we went and hit the range, which is what I really wanted to take the class for. We got through all the exercises just as it started to rain, and then my instructor offered to go through an extended "legal issues" section since we finished so much earlier than normal.

At the end I got a certificate with which I can go to the Sheriff's office to get my CHP (or CCW if you aren't in Colorado. I think I might just call it the WTHSAASACSLMNOFESCCP, short for "What the heck, stupid acronyms are stupid and confusing so let's make new ones for each states' concealed carry permits.")

With that I will be out another $150 or so what with all the charges they slap on. This was the one thing that I wanted to do this summer, though, so I don't mind terribly. All things are possible with enough cash.

Oh, and just for fun, something happened to my Jeep whilst driving to the class. Something so amazing it will never happen again, and I took a picture:




Isn't that the combination to the Atmosphere Shield of Druidia? What a coincidence!  

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

No comments: