Pages

6/05/2010

Super Mega Ultra Photo Post: All American Weekend

After work on Friday I went to a JUCO Game (the Junior College World Series).  It's a Big Deal here on the Western Slope.  I had a good time, a SnoCone, a footlong hotdog, and an ice cream sandwich from Cold Stone Creamery. There was a real good turnout.  I think this year they have had a record attendance.



As the sun went down there was a great effect on the clouds:

Today my Grandpa and I went to "Max's Antique Power Tractor Show '10"  My Grandpa is a big tractor guy, but usually my Grandma, who can't get around very well, ties him up.  So this year, my Mom stayed with Grandma and I went to the show with Grandpa, to get him out and about.  The only complaint I could have was that it was 95 degrees out.


And of course there was a tractor pull:
As of the time we left, I think the winner was an Oliver tractor that pulled 150% of its weight.

There was also all sorts of antique engines doing all kinds of things--there was a working grain mill, a working blacksmith, and a working saw mill, among others.  And the worlds biggest pencil sharpener:


Here's the actual motor:


Zooming in a bit you can see...

...the actual pencil sharpener part.

There were (was? meh.) also all sorts of random antique stuff, like this:

Ummmm... yummy?

Then my friend and neighbor up in Montana texted me, said he was at a gun show in Helena, and asked if I wanted him to get me anything.  So, through the power of technology, I was able to get a book that is impossible to find anywhere but at gun shows. 

I don't know what will happen Sunday, but I think this has already been an all-American weekend.  I've eaten a hotdog at a baseball game, got hot and dirty at a tractor pull, and (indirectly) bought something at a gun show.

No comments: