Pages

8/07/2010

There were bugs EVERYWHERE! It was HORRIBLE!

It's been a good year for these little water nymphs or mayflies or whatever you call them.  The light was on in the kitchen the other night and they pretty well plastered the outside of the windows:

GET ME A FLAMETHROWER, STAT!


It was somewhat startling when you weren't paying attention and look up from the sink to see a cloud of bugs just... waiting to get in and possibly carry you away.

Then, the motion-detecting security light wouldn't turn off, and when I went out to try to adjust it I was so swarmed by the little buggers that I literally couldn't see the controls.  I think it got turned on, attracted the bugs, and they kept the light on, which attracted more bugs... I think the light will just have to stay on until later.

Still, it's not as bad as that year when the miller moths actually were carrying away small children and livestock.  These little white moths are nothing compared to that.

No comments: