Pages

4/20/2011

Deep breath

I have been invited up to the mine in WY for a real interview/tour in a week or two.  They're going to buy me plane tickets and a hotel room. So I've got some new chino's ordered--other than that I should wear my "steel-toed boots and a comfortable shirt." 

I'm alternating between terror and excitement, as I guess could be expected.  The same thing happened when I moved north 700 miles to go to college.

And, whatever else happens, I guess it's nice to know that I'm not completely unemployable.  And if I do move to eastern Wyoming, where there's a girl behind every tree (but don't ask how many trees there are),  at least they just moved to Constitutional Carry, so I won't have to worry about getting a new permit right away...

6 comments:

North said...

As a fellow engineer (of a different breed) I wish you the best of luck on the trip - you'll do good with this change.

bluesun said...

What I really worry about is my mom. When she's here alone and I call her she's always about to break down over all the chores that she just can't get to. So I'm just not sure if this is the right decision. But it is an opportunity that I am looking forward to exploring.

Butch Cassidy said...

Again, best of luck to you and your mother. I'm sure you will do what is best for your situation.

By the way, how do people pull off pocket carry in chinos? They are about as comfortable as trousers get, but my pair prints more than most of my other pants.

Maybe I should get a new pair at Cabelas when I go to Maine in a couple days.

Sport Pilot said...

Good luck at the interview. One thing to consider is with a good paying job you can help defray the expenses of a part time helper at your mothers.

Linoge said...

Awesome news! And that is a hell of a lot better than I ever got offered for any interview I ever went to... ;)

And Sport Pilot may have hit on somewhat of a good idea... a part-time handyman to come in and help out your mother when/where necessary could certainly be funded by a job... Dunno, but, still, an interview is an interview :).

Anonymous said...

That's great news. Maybe your Mom can find a young kid that would work cheap to help out. My son did that for a guy all through high school, it gave him a little cash in his pocket and really helped the fella out with his chores.