Pages

7/11/2011

Lazy Sunday or Craziness

My friend last night called me up and said "Don't worry, we're ok, we're alright, don't worry!" which of course prompted me to say "What happened?"

Turns out that across the street and two houses down, a guy walked into a house with a shotgun with then intent of stealing a car and wound up holding 4 people hostage.  The people managed to escape, but the guy holed up with pretty much every cop in the county (even from municipalities 20 miles away coming in to watch the fun) out on the doorstep.  Of course the police told my friend and his family to stay put, which they did, and while they did, observed police snipers in their backyard and SWAT guys putting on their bullet-proof vests in a hail storm (did I mention that there was a rather large thunderstorm coming through at the time?).  And every news service in town set up their cameras in my friend's driveway, so even after the hoopla was over my friend still couldn't get out.

The guy finally came out with with empty hands, lit a cigarette, turned his back to all the police, and was tasered, but not before uttering the quote of the day: "It's just been one of those days." 

Meanwhile, over here, I slept in, didn't even turn on my computer, read two books, and in the evening listened to the crazy happenings at my friend's house.  How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you missed all the action! Our dogs would have been going nuts if all that action was close to our house...or at least I hope they would.
mupedalpusher

DaddyBear said...

Well, that would have certainly woken me up.