Pages

2/07/2010

Sunday Scripture

If you find a thief, you make him your buddy;
      adulterers are your friends of choice.
   Your mouth drools filth;
      lying is a serious art form with you.
   You stab your own brother in the back,
      rip off your little sister.
   I kept a quiet patience while you did these things;
      you thought I went along with your game.
   I'm calling you on the carpet, now,
      laying your wickedness out in plain sight.
--from Ps. 50

The Message can be a little weird with it's translations, but the psalms are very good.  The down the earth language really gets through; some of them have very hard words.  As I was reading through, this section of Psalm 50 struck me as being very applicable to current events.  It's kind of weird to think about, as these were all written somewhere around 3000 years ago. 

With that thought:

Ecclesiastes 1:9
What has been will be again,
       what has been done will be done again;
       there is nothing new under the sun.

Any suggestions for more links to things?  I bet with a little research you could fill this up.

No comments: