Pages

1/28/2011

Mouse hunting

As I was driving through town yesterday running errands and looking for a new mouse (the old one was 5 years old and still works at a level of 95%, I'd say, but that missing 5% is just so frustrating...), I saw three Statues of Liberty, one Captain America, and two homeless guys holding signs, all adverting for some store or another.  Since when did that become a good way to advertise?  Are they going for the pity vote, or what? All it did to me was bug me.  Since when did "mascot on a street corner" become good career choice?

Oh, and I did get a new mouse.  It's amazing how far we've come in 5 years in regard to mouse technology--my old one had a left, right, and click wheel, and the new one has a left, right, and a click wheel.  Sometimes I just feel let down by the future.

5 comments:

KurtP said...

It's not a photo-optic mouse?

How 20th century....sniff.

bluesun said...

It is a la-zer mouse! Just like the last one! I was expecting so much more!

doubletrouble said...

I see the Statue of Liberty guy (girl?) here too, & for some reason it bugs me as well- not sure why.

On the mousitical front: my new one doesn't have a wire attached to it!

bluesun said...

That was the other thing that bugged me about the mascots--two of the Statue of Liberties were guys. That's just wrong.

KurtP said...

The Statue of Liberty is for that tax office.

I'm not sure about those homeless guys, I kind of thought that there was some kind of ordinance about stationary signs on a corner- or something.