Pages

11/12/2010

Feel the Sound!

I spent an hour and a half yesterday listening to jets on Youtube. Looking for a J79 howl, and finally found a good one.



I will use the excuse that I am supposed to be researching the J79 engine for my Aerospace Propulsion class, but then how would you explain the F-18 videos, and the F-14 videos, and, well, all the other planes that don't use J79's?

Yes, yes I am an airplane geek. You can blame my dad, who thought that living in the landing zone for the local airport, a bare mile from the end of the runway, was a feature, not a bug, and raised me to look up any time I heard a distant rumble.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Although I was a helicopter mechanic in the Marines (CH-53s), we shared a shop with the F4 guys and I spent a lot of time helping on J79s.

That fuel pump is quite heavy, especially when it lands on your chest because the guys that swore they "had it" didn't.