Pages

1/14/2011

Books of 2011: Quantum Connection

I finished up the sequel to Travis Taylor's "Warp Speed,"  called "Quantum Connection." It turns out that I actually read this one before, probably five or six years ago.  I didn't much like it, but now that I have read them in the correct order, everything follows much better and it was more enjoyable.  You can still tell that it is only his second book, as the writing is still a little rough. Lot of theoretical physics, but I never really like aliens in my Sci-Fi.  It usually feels like a big cop-out, and this book is no exception.  The whole premise of "human takes over alien space ship by accidentally coming into control of alien's nanobots" was very forced, and the main character was no where near as engaging as the professor in "Warp Speed."

I give it a 5.5/10, and would only recommend reading it if you are trying to read all of Doc Travis's books.

No comments: