Pages

1/15/2011

Gun Control Question

When, exactly, was the last time that the human race un-invented something? I really need to know, so I can figure out how any sort of gun control would work.  The cat's out of the bag, as they say.  It's not like the technology would just... fade into black:





ARTISTIC REPRESENTATION OF HOW GUN CONTROL WORKS. THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, PLACES AND INCIDENTS EITHER ARE FIGMENTS OF PAUL HELMKE'S IMAGINATION OR ARE USED FICTITIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL EVENTS OR LOCALES OR PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, IS ENTIRELY COINCIDENTAL, AND, FRANKLY, BLOODY UNLIKELY.  



I may have no faith in the inherent goodness of the human heart, but I sure believe in the unfailing resourcefulness of it.

4 comments:

cybrus said...

What, eleven rounds of instant death aren't enough? Had to go bigger?

Muahaha. I have the exact same XD - was my daily carry until I got a XD in .45 ACP!

bluesun said...

Hey, man. My short magazines hold 13, which is enough to send the entire Brady Campaign into epileptic fits. I don't even want to talk about the long ones...

Linoge said...

Offhand, I would argue that the Dark Ages included a whole stinkin' lot of "un-invention" goin' on. Granted, we came plowing out of it like an Irishman on a three-day bender, and those crazy little bald dudes kept civilization running in the background, but to the common folks...

Maybe that could be our new point-and-laugh: "Gun control" - an attempt to return to the dark ages...

bluesun said...

I would say that that type of uninvention was truly what I am thinking of. That was entropy. What I am thinking of is a deliberate uninvention of a technology. I don't think it's possible.