Pages

1/25/2011

Summing Up

Whew! The past month or so has been pretty crazy, and I thought I might sit down and briefly hit the highlights, because I don't think I was all that clear during the madness.

December--after four and a half years of college, I graduated with a degree of Mechanical Engineering with Mechanical Option (and a math minor, but that hardly counts). I had a short internship with a group from California working on a hybrid rocket, which was pretty much the coolest thing ever. I rolled my jeep on the way home, and had a lovely time in Idaho that cost me a thousand dollars immediately and another large chunk for a new vehicle. It was a great graduation present. Of course, that meant my dreams of a graduation gun evaporated... Christmas was the usual crazy time, and the oven crapped out for the third time in two years.

January--Being offered another two week stint working on the rocket, and needing to get the rest of my stuff that couldn't fit in the Jeep, I went back to Montana for a couple weeks. One of my friends in Colorado who had nothing else to do came along with me. The new truck performed flawlessly on the way up, and got gas mileage that was hardly worse than the Jeep. After a week and a half of working ten hour days to set up the rocket, the first test experienced an "Equipment Malfunction Incident." My non-disclosure agreement prevents me from saying anything else. I shed all of the junk that I couldn't pack into the truck and headed south. I lost my favorite slippers (homemade out of felted wool by my mother) in the move, but seem to have kept everything else. Can't figure that out.

And now I am unpacked enough that I can sleep in my own bed (as it isn't covered by boxes). And I'm going to start looking for jobs and/or grad programs. Any recommendations welcome. And there you have it.

2 comments:

Nancy R. said...

Send me your resume and let me know where you're willing to work. I'm pretty tight with one of our recruiters. (I work for a better known gov't contractor.) I can't promise anything, but it can't hurt.

bluesun said...

Anything out west? I need to get my ducks in a row (aka, update my resume) and I may take you up on that offer.