Pages

1/10/2011

I aim to please... I guess

The other day when I was installing a stereo in my brother's truck, I gave myself a nasty jab on my right pointer finger. Right next to the nail, it hurt like the dickens. Instead of scabbing over, it started growing a weird little globule:


Now back in Montana, at church I ran into a friend who works at a dermatology clinic, and just to see what she would say I showed it off. After hmm-ing and ha-ing, she said, "You know that will probably just keep growing and getting more painful. I could take it off!" She always likes seeing weird skin conditions, and cutting them off. "Why not," I said--figuring that if it was just going to keep getting bigger and more painful, now would be the time to leap into action.

So now I have a nice--conventionally healing--cauterization burn in place of a weird skin growth, and my friend is happy that she got to "practice" on me. I am always amazed at how much enthusiasm people in the medical profession have for blood and gore. There is a reason I'm an engineer and not a Doctor...

2 comments:

DaddyBear said...

I had something like that a few years ago. Doc called it 'proud flesh'. Hurt like the dickens to even touch it. Good thing you got it taken care of early.

Anonymous said...

Cool! We science geeks like weird, gross stuff!