Pages

5/17/2011

150 down...

3000-some odd data entries to go.

Mostly what needs done is interpreting my boss's handwriting (think "Doctor scribble," but with 50 years of "Engineering block letter" put on top of it) and converting it into descriptions for every point. So the scibbly-block "GR" goes into the computer as "Slope Pt" and so on. Later the spreadsheet will need to be reformatted so it will cooperate with the program that turns all the points into a map. On top of all this there are still some Atterberg samples to be done from last year. The lab looks almost the same as when I left it last summer, except now I don't know what's in all the piles.  Before it was messy and organized, now it's messy and disorganized.  And that TV wasn't there when I left, what's up with that?


But I'm glad to be doing it all, tedious and/or dirty work notwithstanding--I love my boss and I have a pretty good time.

No comments: