Pages

5/27/2011

Cleanisher

Yesterday my boss let me clean up some of my work area, since I'm going to be doing so much computer work instead of lab work.  This is a major milestone for him, since he hasn't cleaned the office since about 1999.


I cleared off the shelf, threw the old Windows 95 compy that I use to use up there, and we moved the big rapid scanner that isn't being used to the top of a shelf in another room (which was no mean feat, considering the thing weighed 50 pounds and the shelf was 10 feet high).  Then I got rid of the piles and piles of old papers, floppy disks, and dust bunnies that were the desk area. 

The next step is, he gave me permission to shop for an office chair that isn't from the 70's!  I love my boss to death, but darnit if he doesn't have a bit [a lot] of the old school civvy about him...

2 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

If you ARE going to be spending a lot of time on the 'puter-box, Costco has a really good ergonomic Herman Miller office chair.

bluesun said...

That one's probably TOO nice for me...

and we don't have a Costco...