Pages

5/10/2011

D-D-D-DMV

My (slightly more air-brained than me) brother forgot to renew his driver's license when he turned 21 a couple months ago. I suppose "I was in another state going to college" is a pretty good excuse, but now it means that I have to drive him to the DMV and sit there while he gets a new picture taken (and etc).

Luckily, the Colorado DMV is not listed as a prohibited location for concealed carry (as far as I can tell, at least. Golly sakes these things are more complicated than they need to be. You can talk about how the air tastes free, but if you need to spend half an hour looking through the legal code before deciding whether or not to carry a gun in your pocket, I'm not convinced it's much free-er than a blanket statement "NO.").

But all this means that my morning is going to be spent sitting in a soul-sucking room trying not to suffocate. Good times.

3 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

I open carried into the DMV (which in my area, is a room in a State Police barracks) with no issue.

A year and a half later, a friend went in for a new license after his name-change. It was posted "No Weapons" which is technically in violation of state law, but he didn't feel like pushing the issue.

One nice thing about the DMV around here: The woman behind the desk has no patience and pounds people through as quickly as she can. I'm not sure my renewal took a full twenty minutes.

Anonymous said...

Did he have to retake the tests? I think here in good ole MO if you let it lapse you have to retake their fun little test. Our DMV here in town has no signs so I always carry but I went to take my CDL test a few weeks ago in JC MO and they had a sign up prohibiting firearms.

bluesun said...

It took 3 hours, an extra trip home of me while my brother stayed in line to get something that proved his address (I hate you too, Real ID), and $1.00 in quarters for the parking meter, but we got it done. Luckily there's a 1 year grace period if you let it expire before you have to take the test again, which was nice.