Pages

9/18/2010

Dear Waste Management

To whom it may concern:

Thank you for your years of overpriced service. However, when it came time to switch to the local company, there are some issues. To cancel your service requires a phone call to a 1-800 number. Upon reaching the office in Denver, it was discovered that the bill was under my late father's name, and you would require a death certificate to cancel the service. This information was delivered to my mother in a manner that was neither polite nor understanding. You were a heartless bureaucratic bastard about it. In short, I wish a pox upon your eyes and a prompt chapter 7 bankruptcy upon your business. Please refer to these pictures for more information.

When I receive a call from my mother because she needs to rant about something like this, it kinda ticks me off.

The local company, Rocky Mountain Sanitation, however, says on it's company profile page:

"...a small, local company [can] compete successfully and offer better personal service, attention and value to its customers. Eight years later, the company has grown from two trucks and one employee, to eleven trucks and thirteen employees."

And when my mother called, she talked directly to the owner, who was friendly and polite, and will be paying half as much as she was for TrashNationwide. So anyone out there who is looking for trash service in the Grand Junction, Colorado, area, let me recommend against Waste Management and for a local company.

No comments: