Pages

9/08/2010

Kindle 3: The Day After

The Kindle came yesterday--after spending the afternoon doing homework and lab reports, I had an opportunity to really take a look at it.  I've already got 20 or so books on there, mostly classics, and a couple from the Baen Free Library

It came with very little in the way of packaging, nothing extraneous.  It had the Kindle, a quick start guide, and a weird little power adapter/USB cable.


When it turns off, it goes to "screensaver."  Kinda cool to see all of the weird things it cycles through.


I'm already 33% through "Freehold" by Mike Z. Williamson.  It's a good one to start it off with.  I need to get 15 versions of the Bible.  What can I say?  I'm in MT, and I cling to my Bible and my guns.  And my libertarian science fiction.

No comments: