Pages

9/13/2010

Shooting elk with a 9mm, and Milk Jug Carnage

Okay, it was a sharpie elk.  My friend requested it, rather than a bunch of circles.


It was a beautiful day, so I brought out the XD and the 10/22, and burnt through a bunch of ammo. My friend just bought a used Ruger P-somethingoranother, so we shot that too.

I just happened to have a pile of old milk jugs, and some hollow-point ammo, which resulted in this:


...and this:


Well, it's pretty anyway.  And it's rapidly turning cold outside, so I don't know how long before it starts snowing, so good to get some shooting in while it's nice.

2 comments:

LSP said...

Excellent result - like the XD, on the few occasions I've shot 'em. Milk containers make very worthwhile targets.

Cheers.

bluesun said...

I've had fun with it so far. My CHP should be in the mail somewhere between here and CO, so soon I will be carrying it around more. Hope I still like it after that starts!