Pages

12/21/2011

Parts, bit by bit

Ordered the clamp-on front sight from Bushmaster with some more Christmas money.  Guess that means that I'm sticking with the stock gas block.  I think that I'm going to stay with the carbine length barrel for now, and if/when I decide to go further out than 500 yards or so (the longest range shooting range I have available besides the desert is only 300 yards), I'll maybe look into building a whole new upper.  This whole "LEGO gun" pop out parts and stick in new ones is pretty entertaining, I'll just keep saying.

2 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

Put a can on it and load some subsonic 308. It is your duty.

bluesun said...

That is exactly what I want to do in the longest term. I'm hoping that we can get suppressors off the Horrible Bureaucratic Nightmare List first.