Pages

10/29/2010

Election 2010... Battle!

MSM encountered an Election!

Use Jon Stewart Rally!

It's ineffective.

MSM was defeated by Election!

...

Seriously, that's the best they can do?  80 people in Paris and 50 in Montreal are getting together?  A dude in Mexico signed a petition, and he doesn't even know what for?  This is news?

That is, almost literally, nothing.  Look, MSM, let me show you some math (I know, I know, math is hard, I get it.  I'll try to keep it simple).   If we take you numbers, two rallies of 80 and 50 expats, and average it for a rough estimate, we get 65 people per rally.  If we take your number of rallies, 1160, and multiply it by the number of people per rally, we get 75,400 expats worldwide attending a "mini-rally."

NOW--according to the US Census Bureau, the 2008 election had a total turnout of 131,144,000 voters.  That gives us a total percentage of expat rallyers who *say* they are going to vote of 0.0575%.  If we use the 2006 election numbers, the last non-presidential election, the total turnout was 96,119,000, we get a percentage of 0.0784%

To put that in perspective, that would be like me filling up the tank on my Jeep to go on a roadtrip, driving four blocks, and then giving up, rather than traveling the 400 miles I could go.

Again, almost literally, nothing.  Again, this is news?

Or is this, as Borepatch says, a dinosaur roaring it's defiance into the winds of change?

No comments: