Pages

10/10/2010

What's Worse?

"Bronx Gang Claim Gay Recruit Torture Was Forced by Leader"

I don't know what's worse--that they think that is a viable excuse or that I'm afraid it might work.

If you do some horrible thing, in this case "burglary, robbery, assault, menacing, unlawful imprisonment and criminal sex acts," why should I care if you did it because you were threatened to do it? Why should I care if the leprechaun on your shoulder told you to do it? Why should I care if you thought it was funny? Why should I care if you did it because you are a habitual criminal, involved in the gangs since you were 12?

You did it. You pay for it.

And as far as I am concerned, you should have two choices--life in prison or a short rope, depending on the severity of the crime and repeat offenses.

Don't even get me started on the insanity of hate crimes...

No comments: