Pages

10/04/2010

Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

Walked to school this morning, got through the first class.  Went up to talk to my lab partner about the lab that was due today.  Turned out that we needed to do some more work; some of our graphs done in MathCad were incomplete.  My flash drive had the data on it.  My flash drive was left at home--first time in three years.  We were going to go back to the apartment to work on it, before  I realized that none of the computers at home have the program we needed in a recent enough version.  So I ran home to get it, and ran back, sweating with shin splints--an expenditure of time and effort that ANY OTHER DAY -EVER- wouldn't have been necessary. 

If I hadn't have just assumed that my flash drive was where it usually is, it would have been much less frustrating.  So I am here now simply telling you to think ahead, don't assume, and be prepared. 

In other words, don't be like me.

No comments: