Pages

3/29/2011

If You Only Had a Moustache

Deploy the Non Sequitir! Full speed ahead!



Oh! all of you poor single men,
Don't ever give up in despair,
For there's always a chance while there's life
To capture the hearts of the fair,
No matter what may be your age,
You always may cut a fine dash,
You will suit all the girls to a hair
If you've only got a moustache,
A moustache, a moustache,
If you've only got a moustache.

No matter for manners or style,
No matter for birth or for fame,
All these used to have something to do
With young ladies changing their name,
There's no reason now to despond,
Or go and do any thing rash,
For you'll do though you can't raise a cent,
If you'll only raise a moustache!
A moustache, a moustache,
If you'll only raise a moustache.

You head may be thick as a block,
And empty as any foot-ball,
Oh! your eyes may be green as the grass
You heart just as hard as a wall.
Yet take the advice that I give,
You'll soon gain affection and cash,
And will be all the rage with the girls,
If you'll only get a moustache,
A moustache, a moustache,
If you'll only get a moustache.

I once was in sorrow and tears
Because I was jilted you know,
So right down to the river I ran
To quickly dispose of my woe,
A good friend he gave me advice
And timely prevented the splash,
Now at home I've a wife and ten heirs,
And all through a handsome moustache,
A moustache, a moustache,
And all through a handsome moustache.

2 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

That's it. Once I can, I am growing myself a handlebar moustache, and I'm telling my wife that it is your fault.

bluesun said...

Hey, hey, hey! Leave me outta this!

Seriously though, if you grew a handlebar everyone would think that you were amazing and awesome. You'd, like, get invited to give speeches and stuff.