Pages

3/14/2011

Japan

Got an email from a friend who lives outside Tokyo.  She says that they are having rolling blackouts about 3 hours at a time to help with the electricity problem, and that gas and bread are already being rationed.  24-hour convenience stores are being closed at night, and all the ATM's are turned off.  She also said that the authorities are telling everyone to be prepared for another major quake in the next 48-hours or so. 

I wonder what ancient Chinese wise man we ticked off so much to be living in such interesting times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that every time I read the news it's worse for the people of Japan than before.

I am in contact with a man south of there at a research facility. He is supposed to be shipping rats to me today. Even though they are not affected by the actual earthquake, they can't get flights out and I believe they are having electric issues. I was just glad to hear he was okay.