Pages

3/20/2011

A Short Movie Review: Secret of Kells

Ever since Breda mentioned it back when, this movie has piqued my interest--I've always like illuminated manuscripts. Yesterday I had the opportunity to see it.


It was short enough that the fact it has only a rather simple storyline doesn't get in the way of the amazingly stylized artwork and excellent soundtrack.  One quibble: I find it somewhat intriguing that someone could make a movie about the Book of Kells, where nearly all the characters are monks, without mentioning the content of the book at all (hint: they're not Buddhist monks).  PC dumbing down always makes me angry.

I would certainly watch it again, and would recommend it to anyone who appreciates things that are, say, non-standard.

1 comment:

Alan said...

That was a great movie. I'm surprised it got made but I'm glad it did.