Pages

9/08/2011

Something else to put on the list to dream about

I know, I know, the whole bullpup concept is kinda ridiculous, but the J Bunting Machine Ruger 10/22 bullpup stock is pretty much the coolest thing ever. I really like the angular industrial look of it, rather than the swoopy look that most bullpups have--the swoopiness just seems like it's trying too hard. I'd like to know how the trigger feels to this thing, as that is the complaint most people have with bullpups. So many guns on the list, so little disposable income...

First seen at The Firearm Blog.

4 comments:

Chuck Kuecker said...

Looks like a fun machining project. Get a block of aluminum and do some cutting...

The trigger in a made-up bullpup is likely just a long linkage with slop in it. Hard to make something long and stiff, and not add weight and make the trigger pull heavy.

What year is the Beetle in your title block, anyway? I'm leaning toward '65 or '66.

bluesun said...

I could pretend to know what I'm talking about and say something like "well, looking at the chrome bumper, you can tell that it's a pre-'67" bit the truth is that I really have no idea. About the bullpup, though, that's what I was wondering about. I know that some designs are better than others, but none of the testimonials really went in to details. I suppose you buy something like this because it looks cool more than whether or not it works well, but I'd still like to know...

Chuck Kuecker said...

Thinking about bullpup trigger linkages - ALL bullpup guns are going to have some form of this problem, since the striker or hammer is back behind the bolt, and the trigger is close to a foot forward. Maybe a push rod - could be both stiff and light, if made from a tube.

For a 10-22, you could use the factory trigger group with a push rod resting against it, and linked to the forward trigger. Looks like the housing has room to clear the stock 10-22 trigger and guard.

I don't notice any safety on this design. THAT would be a nasty linkage to mode it near the trigger.

bluesun said...

Ooo, I didn't even think about the safety. That probably takes even more away from the practicality. Maybe if the bullpup part had a glock-type trigger and you just left the stock one buried in the off position...